What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces. Invisalign enhances your smile with a series of clear, removable custom aligners. It does not require the use of metal wires or brackets. Invisalign can correct a wide variety of issues, including gaps, overbites, and crowding. By allowing you to eat and drink what you want, you can continue to live your normal lifestyle. Remove the aligners to maintain healthy gums and teeth with regular brushing and flossing. Invisalign is the clear and comfortable option for achieving a healthy and beautiful smile.
What is the treatment process?
Your treatment begins with your initial consultation. During the consultation, the doctor will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth. A customized treatment plan will be created using advanced technology. Technicians craft a set of aligner trays made to your exact specifications. Trays are changed every two weeks to ensure a gradual, comfortable shift. Patients are expected to have an office visit every six weeks to confirm healthy progress. After 9-18 months reveal your new beautiful smile. Ask your doctor if retainers are needed to keep your teeth in their perfect position.
Traditional Braces vs. Invisalign
- Metal, typically silver
- Treatment lasts an average of 2 years (depending on patient needs).
- Orthodontics visits every month.
- May have some pain or discomfort from wires, brackets or tooth movement
- May have difficulty eating sticky or hard foods
- Treatment lasts an average of 9 to 18 months (depending on patient needs).
- Change aligner trays every 2 weeks; Orthodontics visits every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Invisible, Removable, Comfortable
- No issues with food getting caught
- No difficulty eating